Wildlife at Shirehill Farm
The farm is home to a wide variety of wildlife., which you will be able to see during the day and the night.
Around the farm you are likely to see
- Pheasants (all year near game crop and farm house)
- Badgers (all year throughout the farm)
- Barn owl (typically in spring-summer)
- A number of bats (typically spring-summer near farm house)
- Wide variety of bird species including the rarer; Red Flanked Blue Tail (2014) and Sparrow Hawks
- Our resident Fox and cubs
In 2013 the farm was successfully selected to qualify for Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) by Natural England. This form of Environmental Stewardship is an agri-environment scheme run by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) in England.